login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 217

Author Topic: Introduction thread - Introduce yourself here!  (Read 213417 times)

GabuEx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Equestrian Dreamers
Introduction thread - Introduce yourself here!
« on: January 02, 2012, 08:12:09 PM »

Hello, everypony!  Welcome to the forum! :)  Every forum needs a good place to introduce yourself, so this is it!  Feel free to post a hearty hello and how d'you do to the forum here, and tell us a bit about yourself if you so desire!

I'll get things started!

I'm GabuEx!  I've been a brony since about mid-June of 2011, and it's all been uphill from there! ;)  I love the show so much, and I love its community even more.  My favorite things to follow in the community are comics, Drawfriends, and fan games, although I certainly love the other forms of fan content as well.  Besides working on My Little Investigations, I also like recording parody songs and making PMVs and pony trailers, although I haven't done the latter two in quite some time (I really should get back to that...).  When I'm not entertaining myself with ponies (I know, perish the thought, right?), I also love playing video games, with a particular emphasis on games with excellent and engaging stories that make for good escapism.

And now it's your turn! :D

ZeusAssassin

• Developer
  • Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction thread - Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »

And now for my two cents.

Hey everyone! I'm ZeusAssassin and I've been an active brony since June 2011. Never before have I laid eyes on a fanbase so welcoming, awesome, and full of talent until now. I loved pretty much every part of this fandom and MLP:FiM has become my number one favorite cartoons in recent history. It truly is remarkable to see how many types of people this one amazing show has brought together. Ponies have become a major part of my life since then, and I don't regret it one bit. I'm also not afraid to admit my love of the show to others. Why should people's opinions of my tastes dictate my life?  :idunno:

Outside of the fandom, I'm currently studying for a Mechanical Engineering degree at UCF (GO KNIGHTS!) and play lots of video games in my free time. Some of my favorite gaming franchises of all time includes Sonic, Mass Effect, Metroid,  Battlefield, Ace Attorney, and of course, Assassin's Creed! Outside of gaming, I play the trombone for my marching band in the fall semesters and participate in the Mu Eta chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia year round.

I look forward with communicating with you all throughout this entire development process. Thank you so much for your support!

Oh yeah! One more thing. Twilight Sparkle is best pony.  :suspicoustwi: *flees*
Brawl FC: 5327- 0857 - 0785

Trot Pilgrim

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »

Hello bronies! I am Trot Pilgrim. I've been a brony since March 2011. I love the show, and I love the community. I've been playing music for over a decade, and writing music almost as long. When I'm not writing music I'm often playing Rock Band, for which I make custom songs, including many pony songs. I also love video games, especially Ratchet and Clank, Chrono Trigger, older Sonic games, the Kirby games, and Ace Attorney.

I'm really excited to be part of this community.

And yes, Twilight Sparkle is best pony. :o
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 12:00:34 PM by Trot Pilgrim »

ThatCanadianDude

• Developer
  • A Man of Fragmented Sanity and Harddrives
    • View Profile
    • ThatCanadianDude on YouTube
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 12:25:34 AM »

Howdy, all. ThatCanadianDude here. I'm a Brony since... I don't remember. 3 episodes into Season 2, I think. It's a very vague and hazy time. I'm a 1st year media student in the glorious igloo filled land of Canadia, though I've always been more at home on the stage or in front of the camera or behind the microphone. I'm a singer(choral, musical theatre, jazz to an extent), actor, and occasional writer. I'm also a gamer, with tastes ranging from Bioshock to Deadly Premonition. I've sang a few pony songs on my YouTube account, but I'm a vocalist, not a musician, so they're all covers. In the end, I can't wait to see how this all goes, and look forward to seeing the community that builds inside of this already existing community, and there's a Leonardo DiCaprio joke in there somewhere, but for the life of me I don't care enough to look into it.

And if you ask me, Fluttershy is best pony... though Rarity has been working her way up rather speedy like.  :wtf: :stare:

HoodedYellowPony

• Developer
  • I am... THE HOODED YELLOW PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 02:53:49 PM »

Why hello there!

I go by many names on the internet: mainly MC43 on a lot of the other forums, but as I have decided to fully jump into this fandom, I have created a new name for myself, and thus... The Hooded Yellow Pony was born!

A bit about myself, eh? Well, I'm relatively new to the fandom, only joining the herd November last year. I remember seeing these odd pony memes at an Anime Meetup once, and confound it, it wasn't long before I broke down, watch the first episode... then the second... then the season. Yep, I was hooked, and I was loving it!

Outside of the fandom though, I am an avid roleplayer, enjoying tabletop systems such as DnD, Call of Cthulthu, or my personal favorite, Patherfinder. I used to be a part of 3 different groups, playing in almost 5 different games a week, but I decided I needed a break to try and branch off into other passions of mine, the primary one being voice acting.

Now I admit that I am a collage graduate with a degree in chemistry, and it has served me well enough these past three years, but there's no passion for it. So with my free time, I have decided to try my hand at some voice over work, including arranging and singing acapella pony music on my channel. I haven't had the time because I've have my hooves in many different projects, but I'm hoping that after this weekend (YEAH BRONY CON! WHOO!), things will slow down a bit and I can get back to work.

All right, I've talked enough, I think it's time to try and get some of that work done I was talking about.

...Oh yeah... and uh... Applejack best pony.  :orly:

(Looks at emote) We really need some better AJ...
Insert Witty or Humorous quote... HERE!

Currently Voicing Spot and Fido
Check out my Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HoodedYellowPony/videos Comment please?

Ford

• Disregard hats. Acquire sharks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 02:15:56 AM »

Ahoy-hoy.  My name's Ford, and I joined the herd only a few months ago (don't remember when, don't particularly care about that petty detail).

Um, not much to tell about myself.  I'm currently between jobs.  At my last job, I was an administrative assistant.  Had a few friends in that company.  Still do, in fact, and managed to convince one of them to start watching the show.  I'll have to see if he has any interest in a game like this one.

I enjoy taking any opportunity I can to declare that Pinkie Pie is Best Pony. :grin:
On that subject, my eight-year-old niece agrees with me.

Oh yeah, and I might have mentioned these forums to EQD....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:19:57 AM by Ford »

Pwny's gonna pwn.
Steam profile
Livestream channel
Bnet: Ford#1522
3DS: 1263-6950-3505

Suraht

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 02:55:19 AM »

I guess before I go talking about my favorite moments from Ace Attorney or MLP, I should probably at least say hello first, right?

Let's see...I've been a fan of the Ace Attorney series for a while now.  Shortly after they released the first game on the DS in the US, I picked up a copy, and couldn't put the thing down, and subsequently tore through each of the other games.  I'm also a pretty big fan of the Professor Layton games, and am just waiting for the day they announce the crossover game between the two for a US release as well.

I've been a brony since about June of '11, when my daughter was watching the show, and the song 'Art of the Dress' started up.  Hearing a Sondheim song put into the cartoon drew my interest, since it was actually done well, and I thought if they put that much attention into the music, they might be putting that much attention into the other aspects of the show, and went to watch a few more episodes, then eventually the rest of the season.  Now I have a Rarity and a Sweetie Belle figure stuck to the top of my monitor, and my desktop is a screenshot of the Big Lebowski ponies.

As for stuff that isn't related to this, I work in a factory making circuit boards, I've been recording and posting Let's Play videos on YouTube for a year and a half, and even have a few videos of me singing karaoke of My Little Pony songs put up for pointing and laughing at.  Truly, I am the stuff of legends.   :eyebrowspike:

In any event, I'll probably just pop up from time to time and post in the odd thread.

And Rarity is best pony.   :innocent:
I do Let's Plays, and I sing karaoke tracks.  Often poorly, in both cases.

Tetrion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 03:11:35 AM »

Hello everypony!

I'm not one to talk much about myself so I'll keep this relatively short.

I work as a tech support guy and listen to people complain about their internet-connection all day... sometimes I'm even abled to help them ^^

I play alot of pen&paper rpgs and have "joined the herd" not too long ago.

And just like everypony else I can't wait to play MLP:MLI once it's finished...

If anypony wants to know anything else just ask away!  :idunno:

Arki

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 03:30:14 AM »

Okay well since it's my turn now I guess.
I've been a brony since...pfft since episode 9(Season 1 if you didn't know)(Kind of put it aside because it NEVER aired on TV and the episodes weren't uploaded to youtube since the craze was low then again i didn't even know it was a meme or was going to become one) aired on TV yes that's how i found MLP:FiM and have been watching it ever since.
what i enjoy in the fandom are by far the games I'm like some of the art and stuff but not much but when it comes to the games yes i am all over that.

I enjoy playing The Legend of Zelda Sly Cooper Metroid Okami Barkley shut up and jam gaiden yes thats free ware look it up
but most of all Ace Attorney that is my favorite video game I've played the trilogy and investigations but not Apollo Justice you just can't find a copy of that game anywhere occupation thats a secret.
Derpy is best pony.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:06:28 PM by Arki »

WarpOut

• Developer
  • MLI Animator
    • View Profile
    • deviantart
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 03:55:05 AM »

Hi everypony!!
WarpOut here! I'm 22 years old.
I cannot begin to describe how psyched I am to work on this

I am a gamer (best series ever: Legend of Zelda)
I play guitar A WIIIIII bit...
I draw , animate , edit audio , create sites , 3D moddeling, and ... yea I do a lot of artistic stuff
but my main focus is drawing and animating.

Ive been a brony since mid 2011 thanks to somepony in my class watching cupcakes remix
i was like wtf dude ? and then without saying a word he put on ==>  :yay: ... yay ... And I fell in love :p

don't have a favorite pony but If I had to pick one It would be: background pony:  Vinyl 8) / mane 6: Twi :o or AJ :orly:

I love the music this community produces and I stopped listening to "normal" music.
all my music is pony now  *squee*

I was always passionate about animation and mlp fim has some amazing animation !
so in order to show my gratitude and respect to the original material
I will try to make my animations as close to the masterful quality of the series as I possibly am capable.

I'm also working on my own fan animation but since It's my own project I can choose my own deadlines.
I will abuse this to put my little investigations (MLI?) on the first place.

I'm always open for a chat and you can contact me on my http://warpout.deviantart.com/ , StevyH@gmail.com or on a pm here :writing:

greetings WarpOut

ps: I realy love these images   :-\ :stare:
pps: Trot Pilgrim is that a refrence to scott pilgrim or is it a real name ? srr if I offended you.

-------------
Animation Artist
e-mail : StevyH@gmail.com
tumblr
Youtube
Deviant
Site

FlutterSkai

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 04:23:10 AM »

:D Yay more emoticons! I'm really liking the layout of these forums Gabu!

Oh yes, introduction! XD My name is FlutterSkai. My internet name (for the past 8ish years) is Skai. I go by that, so I don't mind if you call me Skai. I joined the fandom about 2-3 weeks after Gabu did, and life has never been down since! I've known Gabu for quite a while now, and he's an awesome gentleman! He's full of wisdom and is quite the scholar!

I'm glad he got these forums up, because I look forward to meeting more bronies through this site, as I do on the main one I visit daily, which is EqF. I'm 20, male (obviously), and am pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in University. I'm going to be working as a student at BMW Manufacturing Co. in South Carolina this coming semester, so with the free time I have I hope to meet some awesome ponies here ;)

To me RD and FlutterShy are tied as my favs. Favorite BG pony is Octavia. Nice to meet you all! To whoever read this, that is.  :nervousflut:

Kilrha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 05:16:19 AM »

Hi everypony! I'm Kilrha!

I'm 20 years old and have been a brony for little longer then a year now.
I'm a hardcore gamer and a drummer.
I also listen to almost any type of rock and metal. 70's rock is my favorite though.

Good luck on the game!

henke37

• Programing is craftmanship
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 06:09:01 AM »

Hi everyone!

I am a student. But what best describes me is "programmer".

A few of you might recognize me from ace attorney sites. I used to play a lot of fan made trials and I am a part of the GK2 fan translation project.
Did anyone hear about that second investigations game getting a fan translation? I sure did! I took the time to help out there by cracking open a few file formats.

Trot Pilgrim

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 06:40:16 AM »

pps: Trot Pilgrim is that a refrence to scott pilgrim or is it a real name ? srr if I offended you.

It's a Scott Pilgrim reference. I'm a big Scott Pilgrim fan.

WarpOut

• Developer
  • MLI Animator
    • View Profile
    • deviantart
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 07:37:34 AM »

It's a Scott Pilgrim reference. I'm a big Scott Pilgrim fan.
:D AWESOME I have all 6 novels! red em like 6 times! loved it !!! :awesome:
-------------
Animation Artist
e-mail : StevyH@gmail.com
tumblr
Youtube
Deviant
Site
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 217