Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: My Little Investigations: The Truth is Magic Character Creation Thread  (Read 10698 times)

QuizmoManiac

• My special talent is speaking fancy.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Investigations: The Truth is Magic Character Creation Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »

I was just wondering, is there any way we can include more roles in the investigations? 4 people isn't bad, but I'm sure we can find a way to include more (assuming that 4 is a pretty much fixed number and not a variable).
Anyway, onto my pony
Name: Sneaky Scoops (I suck at names so I might change this if I think up something better)
Team: Rivals (Although I suppose she could go either way depending on the situation.)
Species: Pegasus
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(I don't know why the white background is there. It probably happened when I resized the image.
Cutie Mark: Camera (See image, but it's partially covered)
Career: Reporter/News Anchor/Various News related jobs
Personality: Sneaky Scoop is a very dedicated pony, although her dedication is not always working for good. She has a pretty feisty temper, and this can sometimes lead to problems. She has worked hard since graduating from school to pursue a career in the area of news. She has become a very high-up worker in the News Studio she works for. She isn't willing to risk her position to help others, so she can seem ruthless. She doesn't have many feelings for those she reports about, and can sometimes destroy their reputation without a second glance. Since she is so eager to get the scoop on the most recent events, she will act hostile around others who she perceives as a interference to her examination of the events(namely, the investigators). When she isn't working or investigating a potential news source, she can be very friendly, and will speak freely with anyone. No matter where she is however, she won't spill any beans about what she knows.
History: IN WEST PHILADELPHIA BORN AND RAISED She was born in Phillydelphia and lived there for about 16 years. After that, she and her family moved to Manehattan. She soon picked up a job as a assistant to a field reporter who worked for a big News Studio in Manehattan. She soon showed her skills as a reporter, and quickly climbed the ladder to receive one of the top spots in the News Studio. Today she is the head reporter and co-anchor for the biggest News Studio in Manehattan and isn't willing to risk all of her hard work for anything.
Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to compliment/critique/advise/rip it to shreds.
*signature*

David Cortez

• This game SUCKS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:49 PM »

Here goes nothing...  :writing:

Name: Whiteheart Truman
Team: Investigators
Appearance:

Cutie Mark: Attorney's badge. (Not shown)
Career: Defense Lawyer.
Personality: Kind-hearted and slightly shy, he also has some anger problems. He keeps his cool most of the time, however.
History: Ever since he was young he was into solving mysteries and 'interrogating' people to find the truth. Following in his father's hoofsteps, he eventually became a defense attorney, and fights for the truth. Because of his brother's behavior, he refuses to admit they are related.
--
I hope this is good. I've tried my hand at character sheets, so I tried my best here.
Most I think were terrible, so I'm a little nervous.  :scaredflut:
Steam(y) Profile

Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3502-9356 Add me!

Zaal

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 01:43:32 AM »

Name: Deuces Wylde (Also answers to "Wylde Stallion" and "Deuce")
Team: Rival (will side with Investigators if it benefits him)
Species: Unicorn
Appearance: See attachments
Cutie Mark: Poker chips
Career: Gambler
Personality: Abrasive, arrogent, sarcastic, greedy, reckless, and stubborn.
History: Born in Manehattan to a pair of earth ponies, a majority of Deuces' early life is shrouded in mystery. The fact that a majority of his stories are composed of lies doesn't help with these matters. Recent times have been able to shed the light of truth on several facts, however: His parents have been separated for several years, he dropped out of high school and physically isolated himself from his friends and family for four years, faked his death to escape several debt collectors, and he has an unusual fear of red eyes.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:28:46 PM by Zaal »

The only tests I get are tests of my patience's limits.

Winner of the Best Investigative Roleplay Award of 2012 for 'Turnabout Broken Heart' and Best Investigative Roleplay Actor/Actress Award of 2012

David Cortez

• This game SUCKS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 06:45:08 AM »

Oh, and Whitheart's brother... :writing:

Name: Ace Truman
Team: Rivals
Appearance:

Cutie Mark: Prosecutor's badge. (Not shown.)
Career: Prosecutor.
Personality: Stuck-up, arrogant, and always believes he is right. He searches for truth in his own way, thinking his brother is naive and soft.
History: While also interested in mystery and investigation, when he accused someone, he'd push it even if they were innocent. As Whiteheart's older brother, he constantly overshadowed him, taking credit for many things he never did. He tries to discredit Whitheart by admitting their relationship. Early in his life, some bullies dipped him in paint, holding his mane and tail, changing his skin color. His mane and tail were washed clean of any stray paint, but the paint had already dried on his skin. After that, no one would believe he and Whiteheart were related.
--
And here's my rival. Making them related I thought wasn't the best idea, until I had that thought ten minutes ago.
Paint explains everything! ...Okay, not really. But hair color, freckles and the like can all be explained with dna and other science-y babble.  :derp:
Steam(y) Profile

Youtube Channel

TwiGav

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 04:32:07 AM »

Name:  Faulty Truth

Team:  Investigators (will be assistant in the first 2 cases I use him in)

Species:  Pegasus

Age:  13 (I'll pretend that this is the age that ponies can get jobs at, seeing as they live for hundreds of years)

Appearence:  Bright Orange with a red and black mane.  No accessories or piercings.

Cutie Mark:  A Hoofprint.

Personality:  Basically a toned-down version of Solid Truth's second personality.  Cocky and arrogant but not too agressive and mean.  Can assert himself nicely.

History:  Solid's adopted son.  Further information disclosed at a later date.

hinata2000100

• Fluttershy is best pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 07:29:27 PM »

Name: Twilight Shine (I used a pony name creator for that)
Team: Investigator
Appearance:
Cutie Mark: Crescent Moon
Career: Assistant to investigators
Personality: Somewhat shy, often not talking to people to she does not know, but she will eventually warm up to everypony. She tries to be the nicest she can, even to people she doesn't like.
History: Going to have this develop.

The main hub of all Ask threads! :))

"Twilight will never be awesome at any skill, just mediocre at all of them."

PaladinLight

• Global Moderator
  • Where Light goes, Darkness cannot abide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 11:18:20 PM »

Name: Paladin Light.  Back home he had the nickname "Knight Light".  Since coming to Ponyville the Wylde Stallion's given him a number of other nicknames, such as "Bright Knight" and "Pally".
Team: Investigator
Appearance: A large and stocky white unicorn.  His hair is brown with a yellow stripe in the middle, and a bit shaggy.  He's just about always wearing the watch around his neck, and is often seen with saddlebags or hooked up to a cart.
Spoiler: Early drawing (click to show/hide)
Cutie Mark: A burst of white and yellow light on a shield.
Career: An entrepreneur, he owns a small business just outside of Ponyville which he recently named "Light Enterprises".  Primarily a delivery business, he also has a couple of other odd licenses he's picked up, including *dun dun dun!* private investigator.

Personality: For a unicorn, he prefers doing things physically.  Not that he's stupid or bad with magic, he just feels like he shouldn't get complacent because of his magic.  He started his delivery business out of a love of travel, and as such is often out and about instead of at home.  Because he's competing with the normal mail services, he's made a point of speed and punctuality when on the job, hence the watch; this is also why his storeroom and office are kept mostly neat and tidy, except for the dust that settles because of being gone so much.  His main house, however, is a bit of a mess.
Paladin's a friendly pony who loves a good joke (he likes delivering puns and one-liners when appropriate).  However, his cutie mark stems from his desire to 'defend' those in need; he hates it when people talk bad about others (from gossip to outright insults) or bully others.  As a result, he tends to take an "innocent until proven guilty" look on any subject, even when a bad opinion is deserved.  He's never afraid to step in when someone needs help.
On the job as a Private Investigator, he tends to ramble and recap when working on figuring things out.  He's also got a bit of a temper, especially when it comes to bullies, but does his best to reign it in.
As for his magical specialties, he's an expert in light spells (his nickname also comes from the fact that his horn subconsciously glows when he's sleeping) and protection spells.

History: Pretty simple at first glance; he was born and raised in a coastal town called Cambraya, far in the western reaches of Equestria, where he lived with his parents who owned an antiques/junk shop, and his younger sister Starshine Glow.  Eventually, he started his own business and moved it to Ponyville, which was close to the capital of Canterlot but still his social speed.  There's a dark old family secret, but it's likely to remain just that.
He got his cutie mark as a young colt when he defended a young pegasus mare named Silver Lining from a group of bullies.  More details here.
Also of note is the incident that led to his deciding to get his Private Investigator's license, described here and partially flash-backed here.

Miscellaneous:
Paladin's Private Investigator license is a Manehattan-issued one.  He did so because Manehattan had the strictest requirements to obtain one, meaning it would be accepted just about anywhere.
Paladin recently got a pet for Hearth's Warming; a scarf-wearing penguin by the name of Wiggle, who may or may not show up to 'assist' (aka cause trouble and comedic relief) in the course of a case.
Apparently, one of his favorite places to go eat in Ponyville is "Ponyville Pizza and Pasta", which is run by a pair of stallions named Fried Rice and Stuffed Crust.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:05:35 PM by PaladinLight »

Whirling Monsoon

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »

Name: Dynamite Boom
Appearance: A slim white pony with short, red, spiked hair and cropped tail. Has amber eyes
Cutie Mark: Three sticks of TNT with an explosion behind it.
Career: Demolition
Personality: He's rather serious, but doesn't mind a good joke or two. Hates being alone or small spaces.
History: Dynamite Boom once had his screwdriver stolen. So he decided to track the thief. He enjoyed it so much, he decided to become an investigator.

Koopakirby

• I think sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »

Name: Rhythmic Beats
Appearance: A taller, red pony with a fluffy orange mane that climiaxes in a frenzy of...poofiness on the top of his head. It's not quite an afro, but it is quite poofy, only his horn and headphones portruding. On his ears he perpetually wears headphones, blasting music that people can faintly make out as he approaches a scene. He wears a with with green stripes jacket that a cord from his headphones pokes into. His tail is rather short, for the purpose of busting dance moves. He has purple eyes and wears tiny dark spectacles, although they are too small for his eyes. He keeps them pushed down his nose.
Cutie Mark: A Boombox
Career: Professional Layer of Beats (DJ/Musician)
Personality: Like a character in Ace Attorney or MLP should be, Rhythmic Beats is larger than life and hammy as all get out. He's constantly jamming to his music, so don't be surprised if he asks you to repeat something. While some would say he's unqualified, he claims to be a "Musical Philosopher" who uses sound metaphors with EVERYTHING. He's always tapping his hoof, and he's always putting on a show for the ladies.
History: Back in his early days, when he was just starting out his music business, Rhythmic did the unthinkable. He stole a song. Lyrics and sheet music for his hit "I wanna be your special somepony" were not actually his. They belonged to a fellow musical student. Desiring to make it big, he stole the music and claimed the song was his own. It became hugely successful. When it became a hit, the pony he had stolen the song from demanded that he admit what he had done. Rhythmic refused, but offered to pay the pony a large amount of bits every year in return. However, he still feels guilt for this today. And his fellow student still has a hold on him.
A couple of years into his career, Rhythmic dubbed himself a Musical Philosopher; Somepony who takes the situations of life and puts them into notes. He traveled the world investigating towns and cities for things to put into song. Over time, he realized that his songs about crime tended to be the most popular, so he decided he would investigate crimes from now on. With the exception of larceny.

Hope that was good!

Pikmanipulator

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »

I just thought of a new character for the Rivals side. May or may not be based on a certain sleuthing penguin.

Name: Jerry Jigsaw (though he prefers the moniker "The Puzzler")
Team: Rivals (though in all likelihood, he's more of an independent, just as likely to get in the Rivals' way as the Investigators')
Species: Earth pony
Appearance: see attachment
Cutie Mark: a jigsaw puzzle piece
Career: museum curator (though he would definitely have you believe that he is a detective)
Personality: Quite confident in his skills as a sleuth, to the point where he will dismiss all theories about a case but his own. Even when he is proven wrong, his ego prevents him from admitting such and he will simply revise his stance to suit the new direction, with the implication that he "suspected such a thing all along". He is terrible at cooperation and his intuition is what most would call "just plain off". Jerry will often come up with outlandish theories that alienate all others, including his own clients'. In actuality, Jerry is no detective and simply a lover of mystery and intrigue, which prompts him to leave his boring job at the museum whenever a case arises that perks his interest.
History: Jerry grew up to be a big fan of mystery novels, puzzles, and other things that stimulate the brain. Unfortunately for his would-be profession, Jerry has had little to no experience in the field of solving crimes, though he certainly wouldn't that little tidbit get out to the public. Jerry revels in his hobby and considers himself a prodigy in the field of investigation, and he will suffer no blow to his ego. As for the crimes he's successfully solved? None in reality, although according to the rumor mill, he's solved every one he's come across.
Pony-related accomplishments:
Watched all of G3, including G3.5 and G3.75, and liked it. (G3.75 I didn't care so much about, though.)
Constructed a list of all previous-gen character names.
Got awarded "Contributor of the Month" on mlp.wikia.com.

hinata2000100

• Fluttershy is best pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 04:05:49 PM »

Name: Lily Breeze
Appearance:
Cutie Mark: Three Lilies (basing it off her name.  :idunno: )
Career: Used to work at the library in Ponyville, but is now unemployed.
Personality: She cares for absolutely no one but herself, and people she thinks can help her. She will use underhanded tactics to get her way. She will not accept defeat, and will go through anything to win.
History: It will develop.

The main hub of all Ask threads! :))

"Twilight will never be awesome at any skill, just mediocre at all of them."

secretary of muffins,igeku somrazunta

• leherpyderp
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 05:15:40 AM »

Name : Silver Shade
Team : investigators (hopefully(if im nto barging in without permission here) more independant, but still pretty clear cut investigator)
Species : Pegasus

Appearance:
(sincei fail at posting pics completely)
he is a mostly silver colored pegasi his mane is snow white and his tail is too except the large pitch black streak that runs down it. he has a determined look and he wears a grey cape.(image later hopefulyl)

cutie mark : i have a grey cape on him because i failed ot make a cutie mark but it is supposed to be a briefcase for his special talent in the field of law.

Career: attorney,
personality : Although he may not seem like it at first Silver Shade is actually a nice pony, He is very pationate in the courtroom however. a simple closing statement about who has rights to a patch of apple treescan turn into a passionate speech about his clients irrefutable rights to said apples. outside of court he doesnt talk all that much and is more focused on work than life round him.

History : Even though he has always loved to fly and has entered into several local races. Being an Attorney  was always silver's calling.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:55:48 PM by igeku somrazunta »
anime and ponys. dont forget creative writing, thats basically the best things to life, of course if you differ in opinion i wont hate you at all for it, in fact im glad you have one if you do.

TwiGav

• View Profile

Name: Solid Truth
Appearance: A dark shade of green dominates this pony's body while a streaking white mane covers his flank.  He has dark brown eyes and wears glasses.
Cutie Mark: A book with a magnifying glass on the cover.
Career: Librarian/Book Seller
Personality: This pony has schiropenzia, or multiple personality disorder.  He can be extremely forceful or extremely accident prone.  He can turn both personalities on and off at will.
History:  Truth was born in the state of Manetana to a family of 16.  He was booted out of the family because of his disorder at 5, and lived on the streets of Fillydelphia after a long stowaway ride on a train.  He found his way to Ponyville after he followed a filly called Applejack.  The two never made contact during this time.  Solid Truth decided to find work at the Police Department and became a private eye.  He retired after a serial killer caught him off guard and stabbed his lower right leg, making it burst with pain at random moments.  Truth created a bookstore in Ponyville at 45.  Here, he reads crime novels day after day, secretly seeking the feeling of investigating while generously selling books to people who want them.  He also adopted a son, Faulty Truth, after finding him caught in the middle of a gangfight.

Jake O'Jack

• TOTEMO SHIAWASE, BRO
    • View Profile
    • Oh, Jack! Productions Youtube Channel (Actual Productions Pending)

((Some of the backstory on this one is subject to change. Hopefully this doesn't come across as bland, but it's the best I could come up with.))

Name: Looking Glass (Name changed)
Birth Name: Dead Weight
Species: Earth Pony
Appearance: Pale grey with a short, layered red mane and green eyes. Wears a silver hairband to conceal the scar behind her left ear.
Cutie Mark: Dove
Career: Traveller, calls herself a wandering "problem solver" but is frequently unemployed by most standards
Personality: L.G. is a curious pony who has a hard time staying out of others' business. She does her best to help as many ponies as she can on her travels, as she can't stand injustice or seeing others hurt. Her keen observational skills, honed over a decade of travel help her achieve this goal. She possesses a joking demeanor, and is less likely to take things seriously the more sure she is about something. Holds a deep mistrust of unicorns.
History: L.G. was born in a well-to-do family of Canterlot nobles. For anypony else, this upper-crust lifestyle would have been the stuff of dreams. L.G. was not so lucky. She is an earth pony born to two unicorn parents, both of whom cling to an archaic school of thought that earth ponies are meant only to serve the elite class of "gentlecolts" who are of unicorn blood. To give birth to a daughter of such "unclean" status was a source of disgrace within their family.

She went through life largely ignored at home. Her parents named her "Dead Weight" and treated her as such. What few friends she had were often busy with school, a luxury she didn't have access to. After years of living like this, she finally worked up the nerve to run away.

"There's a place for me out there," she thought, "and I won't rest until I find it."

Since then she has traveled Equestria trying to find a place where she belongs in pony society. From the mountains near Canterlot to the frontier settlements, she has seen her fair share in the last ten years. Despite her sad past, she embraces the prospect of the future and her cheerful attitude compels her to help anyone she meets. Until she finds her place, she has declared herself a "traveling problem solver", owing to her habit of finding trouble wherever she goes. Though pleased with her life, she longs for the day when she can settle down and take life easy. No more running. No more searching. Only living.

David Cortez

• This game SUCKS!
    • View Profile

Name: Eagle Eye
Species: Earth Pony
Appearance: I can't get it to appear here, so it's an attachment. :annoyedrar:
Cutie Mark: Magnifying Glass (Not Shown)
Career: Detective
Personality: Happy, but shy. She's intimidated easily, but tries her best to keep her cool.
History: As a filly, she was always fascinated by detectives. Finding clues, solving crimes, and looking cool. Her parents tried to support her, but her dreams would have to wait. Her dad didn't have the best paying job, and it got them through life well, but that was the problem. They didn't have the money to help her, so when she got older, she took on some jobs to raise money for her education. By her 17th birthday, she finally raised enough, and went to school, and at age 21, she got her degree.
---
Decided to make a detective, and prove I'm not obsessed with men or Pegasi. :P
(I am terrible with names. :sadrar:)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:18:38 AM by DavidCortez »
Steam(y) Profile

Youtube Channel

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7